If you cannot view this email correctly, click here.
INSIDE THIS ISSUE:
5K Training Group
Tips for New Runners
Resolution Run results & pics
Napa High Crab Feed
2016 Carneros Run!
Napa Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken
NEW Hoka Constant 2
Track Spikes are here!
Nike Zoom Rival S 8
Nike Zoom Rival MD 8
Nike Zoom Rival D 9
(Click images for a larger view)
3377 Solano Ave
Napa, CA 94558
Athletic Feat and REPLAY SPORTS are joining forces!
Running Specialty and Sporting Goods will soon be in a new much larger location in the Redwood Plaza.
Look for us in our NEW location a few doors down from our current one, next to Massage Envy, starting mid February!
3367 Solano Ave, Napa.
Want to train for your first 5K?
Join our 8 week training program and we will help you learn to run through our walk/jog workouts. We tailor each workout to your fitness level to help you run farther each week. 15 sessions for $69. A great class for beginner runners or for those who are returning to running.
Training begins February 3rd. We will meet Wednesdays at 6pm and Sundays at 9am.
Please contact us if you are interested! Stop by Athletic Feat or call (707) 258-6272 for more information. Guarantee your space by signing up early.
Tips for New Runners
- Run smart - Changes take time. Start off with a mile or two of walk/jog a few times a week. This will help your body adjust to running so you can avoid injuries. Each week try to run just a little farther even if its just an extra few minutes.
- Groups - Find people to run with and set days to get together for a run. Running in groups holds people accountable, making it easier to stay on track with your running.
- Shoes - Get fitted for a shoe that will last and keep you feeling good. Getting proper footwear will help keep your body and joints happy as you begin your new journey.
- Hydration - Drinking plenty of fluids is crucial. Water helps your blood flow, prevents early fatigue and keeps muscles from cramping.
- Socks - Synthetic, non-cotton socks are very helpful. They keep your feet from sweating too much and greatly help in preventing blisters.
- Massage - Foam rollers and stick massage tools help keep the muscles loose and get knots out of the muscle. Treat chronic tightness with massage and see an increase in blood flow and relief in the muscle.
- Eating - Try to eat at least a small protein rich snack within 30 minutes of finishing your run in order to fuel your muscles and allow them to rebuild. If you're trying to lose weight, remember it takes calories to burn calories.
- Apparel - Dressing appropriately for the weather will make your run more enjoyable. To avoid overdressing on a cool day, remember the "Rule of 10 Degrees" which says to dress as though it's 10 degrees warmer than the actual temperature. This will allow you to warm up to a comfortable running temperature rather than being comfortable for the first 8 minutes and then feel too warm the rest of the run.
Record numbers at the Napa Valley Resolution Run!
More than 330 runners and walkers toured Yountville on a gorgeous, clear New Year's morning in the fourth annual Resolution Run 5K/10K.
Find your race results here! If you have questions about your results please email email@example.com.
Ashley Rolf shattered the women's 10K course record by more than 5 minutes, finishing in 37:53.6!
A special shout out to local runners who ran Personal Bests at the Resolution Run: Nicholas Troppy (10K), Andrew Brumm (5K), Ryan Robley (10K), Juliette D'Eliseo (age 8, 5K). Great job!
Your race photos can been found on the Athletic Feat Facebook page. Please feel free to download your pictures, tag your friends and share any race photos with us!
A big thank you goes out to the volunteers from Vintage High School's Leadership Program and Track Team! Athletic Feat is thrilled to kick off the new year by raising funds for the Napa Valley Vine Trail!
The 2016 Napa High Crab Feed is coming!
The Blue For Gold Crab Feed and auction will be held on Saturday, February 27, 2016 at Springhill Suites, Napa.
The evening includes a silent auction, live auction, food and loads of fun!
Space is limited, the event will sell out... so buy your tickets today!
The Carneros Vineyard Run 5K/10K will be held on Saturday, March 26th at Artesa Winery!
Spring is around the corner and that means running, good eats, and prizes at Artesa Winery!
This is one of the most beautiful locations in the Valley, high up on a hill with views of vineyards and hills as far as the eye can see. Enjoy the scenic 5K and 10K course, a catered breakfast, and raffle - All to raise funds for the Carneros Volunteer Fire department!
Napa Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken Baseball 2016
The Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken league is in it's 48th year offering instructional baseball for ages 4-18, including T-Ball for 4-6 year old players!
Register in person at Replay Sports on February 13th from 10am-2pm. To find out more about about the league, click here.
Now there is a way to put your daily miles to work for a charity of your choice!
Your exercise earns money for organizations such as Habitat For Humanity, Wounded Warrior Project, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and many more.
Charity Miles is a free downloadable app that tracks the distance you've gone whether its running, walking or biking. You simply download the app, choose the charity you want to help that day, go exercise, and at the end of your run, the app will tell you how much you earned for that charity. Bikers earn up to 10¢ per mile; walkers and runners earn up to 25¢ per mile, all courtesy of corporate sponsors.
Recipe by Woman's Day
You'll never miss the meat in this Tex-Mex take on a burrito, with filling avocado and black beans wrapped in a whole-wheat tortilla with red pepper, carrots, lettuce, salsa and cilantro.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 c. fresh or jarred salsa
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 can low-sodium black beans
- 3/4 c. fresh cilantro
- 4 whole-wheat wraps
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
Lime wedges, for serving
- Cut 1 avocado into 1/2-in. pieces. In a small bowl, mash the remaining avocado with 1/4 cup salsa. Cover and set aside.
- Heat the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pepper and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beans and the remaining 3/4 cup salsa and cook until heated through. Remove from the heat, stir in the cilantro and chopped avocado.
- Spread mashed avocado-salsa mixture on each wrap. Divide the lettuce and bean mixture among the wraps (about 1 cup each) and roll up. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
|Athletic Feat, 3377 Solano Ave, Napa, CA 94558, www.athleticfeat.com, 707-258-NAPA (6272)
To unsubsribe from our newsletter, follow the instructions in the footer below.