If you cannot view this email correctly, click here.
INSIDE THIS ISSUE:
2-Year Anniversary Celebration!
Three great upcoming racesNIKE FREES ON SALE!
Facebook drawing Friday night!
The ubiquitous Nike Frees are updating in April. In preparation for the new arrivals, all current Nike Frees are on clearance for only $69!
KIWANIS CLUB 5K FUN RUN
Get your running (or walking) shoes on! The Kiwanis Club of Greater Napa 5K Fun Run (a certified 5K course) is Sunday, March 2nd, 8am sharp beginning at Vintage High School and ending at the marathon finish line. 18 and under: $25, Adults, $35. Groups of 10+ receive $5 discount on registrations. Proceeds go to local schools and community charities. Sign up at www.napavalleymarathon.org/5k/ or call 707-255-7503.
MENTION ATHLETIC FEAT and get $5 off your registration!
3377 Solano Ave
Napa, CA 94558
We're Celebrating our 2-year Anniversary!
We wish to thank all of our Napa friends and neighbors for your warm welcome and overwhelming support these past two years. Join us at the store Thursday 2/27, through Sunday, 3/2 for special deals and treats;
This weekend is the Napa Marathon, come in and get a great deal on a new pair of shoes!
- 10% off the entire store
- Sale shoes blowout: as low as $39!
- Kids shoes: as low as $19
- ALL Nike Frees: $69!!
- Sale apparel: 40% to 50% off
- Celebration cupcakes for all!
Three great upcoming races
Three special races are coming up in the next few couple of months, and registration is open!
10th ANNUAL PETALUMA FOOTRACE, Sunday, April 13
Head to Petaluma for the 10th running of the Petaluma Footrace on Sunday, April 13, 2014. The family friendly 3 and 5 mile races start and finish at the Petaluma Marina and take you on a beautiful loop through the Alman Marsh & Shollenberger Park.
Registration is now open! Signup now for "early chicken" prices.
SPRING HAS SPRUNG, Sunday, May 11, 2014
Spring Has Sprung, the signature event of the Lake County Milers, is held in May of every year. The event begins and ends at Coyote Valley Elementary School in Hidden Valley Lake. Since the Spring Has Sprung Run will be on Mother's Day, we will have some sumptious post-race snacks. Celebrate Mother's Day with a fun Spring Race!
THE 4th ANNUAL NAPAFIT RACE FOR EDUCATION, Sunday, May 18, 2014
Powered by NapaFit and the Napa Valley Education Foundation, will be the EVENING of May 18, 2014 on the Napa Valley College campus.
Plans are underway to make this event another well-attended festive fundraiser that helps benefit our local public schools, teachers and students....our community! We have lined up the well-known Bay Area Band, WonderBread Five, to entertain at the post race festivities as well as food and beverages galore for families to enjoy on a Sunday evening.
You can signup for the Race for Education in person at Athletic Feat to avoid the Active.com fee, and get 10% off your store purchase!
Born to Run, by Christopher McDougall
For those of you who have not yet read this book, McDougall writes a captivating story about his encounter with the Tarahumara, a tribe living a hidden and frugal lifestyle in the remote, foreboding Copper Canyons in the Mexican state of Chihuahua. The Tarahumara are legendary for their ability to run extreme distances, in some cases hundreds of miles, in inhospitable conditions without breaking a sweat or getting injured. The book dives into the history of successful superathletes and ultimately brings together the most elite American ultra runners to challenge the Tarahumara on their own turf in the Copper Canyons. Will ancient running tradition prove to be stronger than the modern running philosphy, training methods and technology?
Our Facebook drawing is Friday night!
You have a couple more days left to enter this month's drawing for a free pair of shoes.
It's easy, just like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/athleticfeat before February 28th and you will automatically be entered in the next drawing. The winner will be selected at random from all our Facebook "Likes".
Facebook is also where we announce sales, new products, etc. So...
See you there!
by Curtis Stone
Epicurious | February 2014
photo by Quentin Bacon
Super-healthy and really light, this beautiful salad is bright-looking and -tasting. These days it's not too difficult to find great-quality raw salmon. If you ask your local market for sushi-grade salmon, its freshness will be guaranteed. Once you have found the salmon, the hard work is done.
- 4 oranges
- 1 or 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 6 cups mâche (lamb's lettuce) leaves
- 2 cups frisée lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced (optional)
- 7 ounces sushi-grade salmon, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Grate the zest of 1 orange and the lime into a large bowl. Squeeze 1 tablespoon of juice from the grated orange and 2 tablespoons of juice from the grated lime into the bowl (you may need a second lime to get the 2 tablespoons of juice). Whisk in the soy sauce and the oil. Set the dressing aside.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the rind and pith from the remaining oranges. Working over a mixing bowl, cut between the membranes to free the orange segments, letting them drop into the bowl. Pour any juice into a cup and reserve it for another use. Add the mâche, frisée, and cucumbers, if using, to the orange segments. Using a large sharp knife, cut the salmon into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Add the salmon to the bowl. Drizzle with the dressing, and toss gently to coat. Allow the flavors to meld for at least 2 minutes.
- Divide the salad among 4 serving plates. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds, and serve.
|Athletic Feat, 3377 Solano Ave, Napa, CA 94558, www.athleticfeat.com, 707-258-NAPA (6272)
To unsubsribe from our newsletters, just reply with the word "Unsubscribe" in the subject!