If you cannot view this email correctly, click here.
INSIDE THIS ISSUE:
Resolution Run Pics
High School Crab Feeds
The New Mizuno Paradox
Turkey Chase Shirts
Free Shoe Drawing!
It's time to make room for the Spring models already. All winter styles are 25% off, as well as certain colors of the Gemma and Relax slippers:
3377 Solano Ave
Napa, CA 94558
|Congratulations to all the Resolution Run participants!|
Thanks to all you runners and walkers for another wonderful turnout at the 2014 Resolution Run, and for helping kick off the new year with a fun-filled bang! Congratulations to everyone, and we look forward to seeing the top three winners in each race for their New Balance prize shoes! To see more race photos check out and join the Napa Valley Resolution Run page.
We want to extend a particularly warm thank you to our fabulous volunteers...
Results and over 200 more pictures are available on the Resolution Run web site, at www.naparesolutionrun.com.
More runs to come soon, we will keep you posted!
|It's High School Crab Feed Season!|
Vintage High School Athletic Boosters:
Saturday, Jan 18, 5:00pm to 11:30pm
Napa Valley Expo Chardonnay Hall
The 36th Annual Paul Stornetta Crab Feed & Tri-Tip Dinner, featuring live entertainment by Wonder Bread 5! 5pm cocktails & 7pm dinner & dancing to live music.
Tickets available for purchase at www.vintageboosters.com or at Bank of Napa
VIP Tickets Available - includes VIP check-in, $50 gift card & more!!
For more info regarding reserved, VIP & general tickets please visit the website at www.vintageboosters.com, or contact Debbie at 707-480-6318
Braves Crab Shack
Saturday, Jan 25, 5:30pm to 11:00pm
Details and tickets available at justin-siena.org.
- Oyster Bar (5:30pm to 6:30pm)
- Dinner with wine, all-you-can-eat crab, hot butter, bread, salad and pasta.
- No-host bar
For questions, contact Fiorella O'Neill: 707-255-0950, ext. 620, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next month: Napa High!
|The New Mizuno Paradox|
The Paradox is Mizuno's brand new high-end support shoe. Replacing the much-missed Mizuno Nirvana, think of it as a high-end Inspire.
Why the name "Paradox"? It's in the weight of the shoe. This is a very supportive shoe for strong overpronation control, yet it weighs only 10.6 oz for the men's shoe, 8.6 oz for the women's version. That's quite a bit lighter than anything else in its category. It features a full-length wave plate, and is also very cushioned and comfortable.
|Turkey Chase Shirts|
For those of you who did not get the email, we still have Turkey Chase shirts in every size (men and women). Stop by and get yours if you haven't yet!
We appreciate your patience while we were ordering more shirts for those who did not get one on race day.
Thank you again to everyone who participated!
The next Facebook drawing for a free pair of shoes is coming up!
Like us on Facebook and be entered to win a free pair of shoes...
Our next drawing for a free pair of shoes of your choice will be held on March 1st. The winner will be selected at random from all our Facebook "Likes".
Amber Rode won our November drawing, who will be the next winner?
It's more than just the drawing, joining our Facebook page keeps you updated on our latest arrivals, sales, events and more. So if you haven't already, like us on Facebook before February 28th and you will automatically be entered in the next drawing.
We will announce the winner on Facebook on March 1st.
Spicy Fish Tacos With Pineapple Slaw
- 1 can (7ounces) chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 3/4cup chopped cilantro
- 1 pound skinless, firm-fleshed fish, such as mahi mahi, tilapia, pacific halibut, or catfish
- 4 cups thinly shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 small (6") corn tortillas
- Chop one-quarter to one-half of the chipotle chiles and place in a small bowl, along with any adobo sauce that clings to them. Add the sour cream, oil, and 1/2 cup of the cilantro. Season with salt and stir to combine. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade.
- Place the fish on a plate and spread the remaining marinade over both sides of it. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cabbage, onion, jalapeno pepper, pineapple, lime juice, cumin, oregano, and the remaining 1/4 cup of cilantro. Stir to combine and season to taste with salt.
- Sprinkle the avocado slices with salt.
- Coat a grill rack with oil and preheat the grill. Remove the fish from the marinade (discarding whatever marinade remains in the dish) and grill over medium heat, turning once, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until nicely charred and cooked through. Alternatively, place on an oven rack closest to the heat source and turn on the broiler. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray, place the fish on the pan, and broil for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the fish to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and toast under the broiler for 1 minute. Lay out the tortillas and divide the fish among them.Top with the cabbage slaw and avocado. Spoon the reserved the marinade over the tacos.
|Athletic Feat, 3377 Solano Ave, Napa, CA 94558, www.athleticfeat.com, 707-258-NAPA (6272)
To unsubsribe from our newsletters, just reply with the word "Unsubscribe" in the subject!