If you cannot view this email correctly, click here.
INSIDE THIS ISSUE:
• Marathon Training
• New Shoes
• New Fall Apparel
• New Elite Socks!
• Tom Heinonen inducted into the University of Oregon Hall of Fame
• The 2014 Resolution Run is open!
• Reminder: the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Chase
• Angwin to Angwish Trail Run
• A fun Fall recipe
• Upcoming Events
The Tug McGraw "Run For Your Life" 5K/10K fun Run/Walk and High Heel Dash! October 26th, in Yountville.
Nike Structure+ 17: stability, very light, soft cushioning
A lot of shoes update in October, here are the latest that just came in:
Nike LunarGlide+ 5 Shield: very reflective, water-resistant
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14: the quintessential stability shoe
Brooks Addiction 11: great all-around motion control
New Balance M870 v3: very light, slight stability
New Balance M1340: luxury motion control
Lots of new Nike Elite socks!
||10 am - 6 pm
||Wed - Fri:
||10 am - 7 pm
||10 am - 6 pm
||11 am - 4 pm
3377 Solano Ave
Napa, CA 94558
Sign up to train for the 2014 Napa Valley Marathon!
FULL MARATHON TRAINING BEGINS on Wednesday,
OCTOBER 23, 2013.
Free Marathon Informational Sessions will be held on Wednesday October 9 at 6 PM at Athletic Feat
The program will include, but not be limited to:
- Detailed weekly/daily training workouts program
- Unlimited email access to coach
- Weekly training tips & support
- A fun social atmosphere to get you to the start line healthy and prepared for race day
- Weekly coached workouts on Wednesdays at 6 PM. Locations vary each week (headlamps and reflective gear required if dark out)
- Weekly supported group long runs on Saturdays at 8 AM. First training paced long run - Saturday, October 26 at 8 AM
- Kickoff tempo workout/orientation - Wednesday, October 23 at 6 PM at Redwood Middle School track. Here we will do a baseline workout to gauge what group you should be in. Afterward we will review initial info about the program including what to expect, gear, footwear, training habits, etc.
For more information email email@example.com, or call 707 258-6272
New Fall Apparel
With autumn making an early appearance, you can stay dry and warm in our new line of coats and long sleeved tops from Nike, MPG, Prana and Moving Comfort.
Tom Heinonen inducted into the University of Oregon Hall of Fame
We are thrilled to announce that Tom Heinonen, the father of our team member, Liisa, will be inducted into the University of Oregon Hall of Fame in October.
As a pioneer for women's track at Oregon, Tom took the program from its infancy to one of the most powerful names in women's distance. Tom coached NCAA champions and collegiate record-holders at every distance from 800-meters to 10,000-meters. He guided his athletes to 15 NCAA/AIAW titles, 108 All-America honors and 55 Pac-10/NorPac Conference titles in track and field. Many of his athletes went on to have post-collegiate success, with three American records, 17 Olympic appearances, 10 World Championships invites, 12 U.S. national track and field titles, 22 World Championships cross country invites, and five U.S. cross country crowns. His teams won the NCAA cross country championships in 1983 and 1987, and his track team won the NCAA championship in 1985.
Tom was named the PAC-10 women's track & field coach-of-the-year eight times, NCAA Coach of the Year two times and was inducted into the USTFCCCA Hall of Fame in 2006.
From all of us, Congratulations Tom!
The 2014 Napa Valley Resolution Run is open!
Blaze Your Trail to a great New Year
January 1st 2014, 10am
Join us for a fun filled late morning run and start your new year off right!
The Vine Trail
- Resolve to support the Vine Trail while kicking off the New Year with a healthy start!
- The 5K/10K course will go through beautiful downtown Yountville.
- Walkers and strollers are welcome!
- Kids under the age of 7 run for free!
You are also invited to join in on the Birthday celebration for the Vine Trail!
- The Napa Valley Vine Trail Coalition is a grass-root nonprofit with a vision to build a walking/biking trail system connecting the entire Napa Valley.
- WITH YOUR HELP we are working to design, fund, construct, and maintain 44 safe and scenic miles of level, paved, family-friendly, free-access Class I trail, stretching from the Vallejo Ferry to Calistoga.
- For more info about the Vine trail please visit vinetrail.org.
Coming Sunday October 6, 2013--Each October, the Vine Trail Coalition celebrates its 5th birthday with a Member Appreciation Party. It's one of the benefits of membership and always a lot of fun! BLAZE YOUR TRAIL to this year's fabulous outdoor party celebrating 5 years since the founding of the Napa Valley Vine Trail Coalition! Click for details.
The Napa Valley Turkey Chase
We are thrilled to be putting on the first annual Napa Valley Turkey Chase in association with the Queen of the Valley and Synergy! This wonderful family fun event will benefit CANV. Many people think of it as the Food Bank.
Since 1965, Community Action of Napa Valley has been helping to increase self-determination and self-sufficiency for low-income families, disadvantaged people, and senior citizens in our community. Whether it's shelter, or food, or care and attention, the programs, staff and supporters of CANV can make a real difference in a person's life.
Come on out and join in on fun. You can walk or run the 5K or 10K at Kennedy park.
Sign up now at www.napaturkeychase.com. Bring a few friends and sign up for the group rate! If you are interested in being a sponsor, please contact Dame' at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training: Synergy Fitness is putting together a Turkey Chase 5K/10K training program for Synergy members! The program spans 8 weeks, beginning October 8th. Training will be Tuesdays from 5:30 to 6:30 PM. Contact Janine for details!
And watch for the Turkey, who will be making appearances around town!
For registration and more information, visit www.napaturkeychase.com.
The Angwin to Angwish Trail Run Returns
A trail run in the heart of the Napa Valley, Sunday, November 3, 2013
You are invited to participate in the revival of the Angwin to Angwish Trail Run on the campus of Pacific Union College in Angwin, CA on Sunday, November 3.
Just 10 minutes from St. Helena in the heart of the Napa Valley, the run takes place in the forested trails of PUC's more than 1,800 acre campus, offering beautiful scenery and challenging courses at Family, 12k, and 24k distances.
First run in the 1970s, Angwin to Angwish was a popular run in the Napa Valley for decades.
Proceeds from this event benefit the Student Association and Service-Learning programs of Pacific Union College.
Check out the event's website for registration and more information.
Quick Pizza Margherita
Cooking Light, December 2002
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 5 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Unroll crust dough onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat into a 13 x 11-inch rectangle. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Remove crust from oven, and brush with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Rub crust with cut sides of garlic.
- Arrange tomato slices on crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon oil and vinegar, stirring with a whisk.
- Sprinkle pizza evenly with sliced basil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the vinegar mixture evenly over the pizza. Cut pizza into 8 pieces.
|Athletic Feat, 3377 Solano Ave, Napa, CA 94558, www.athleticfeat.com, 707-258-NAPA (6272)
To unsubsribe from our newsletters, just reply with the word "Unsubscribe" in the subject!